I've owned about 5 WIndows Mobile devices, 3 Palm Devices, and 1 iPhone.
What we all need:
Palm OS (Pre-Pre haha):
- Simple. Very Simple.
- Does what it needs to do and doesn't falter.
- Not much in terms of applications.
- Most certainly not designed for a mobile professional.
- It's a glorified rolodex.
Windows Mobile (5, 6, 6.1):
- Attempts to satisfy someone who needs to read spreadsheets on the go.
- Very slow and unstable. Not good for phone use. At all.
- Integration is sub-par.
- Lots of work-arounds for lots of things, nothing is simple.
- Fonts are ugly.
- Interface is clunky.
- Smooth, and very nice looking.
- Font rendering is exceptional.
- Web browsing is a dream.
- Did I mention how good it looks?
- Fantastic applications, integration, and standards.
- Apps need approval (good and bad).
- Very fast. Very slick. Problem free.
iPhone OS simply cannot be beat. It's perfect. I haven't used Android, but it's more of a platform than an intended out-of-the-box Mobile OS. You aren't intended to use the built-in Window Manager if you don't want to. Windows Mobile: pay attention.